ART AND CULTURE


Old Jeddah By Eiman Muiny
I know it's an old topic, and I know that books, magazines, newspaper have loaded us with tonnes of articles about ART AND CULTURE. I'm not going to repeat something that has been written before, I'm going to write about it from my own perspective.

I came from a country where culture is something essential for your daily life and I'm very proud of it. It's interesting when you have to dress, live and communicate with people according to a specific  culture and respect it as it is.

I always admire the development of this country's economic and the development of the culture, I'm not talking about a level of culture that every country has to preserve it this is not my issue, I'm talking about life style and how to prove your current existence in luxurious level without losing your culture touch as an individual. Think about the Arabian golf countries and you will know what I'm talking about.

I remember how I had to get something new in every occasion, Eid, Ramadan, or even some time to attend an event. It's still the same until this moment the way you dress, the way you eat, the way people gather, talk and celebrate; every thing modern, up to date but it is still culture. 
everyone invents their own color and texture just like a piece of art and that's how art and culture has the same reference which is our life, culture is who you are and where you come from.

Don't forget if you try to flip between the art history's pages to find Emily Carr's culture touch, Georgia O'keef culture feminist touch and on and on and finally Safeya Bin Zager my roll model whose depict the past and present culture.

In my opinion my culture is my stamp that distinguish my art between others.

Comments

Popular Posts