What shall I paint?

mix media on paper, by Eiman Muiny
When the years passed me by and a bit by bit I'm just into this job, and I love to paint, I remember years ago the first book I bought it was " What Shall I Paint" By Hazel Soan , She's a British Artist, Master in teaching water-colour, I have few of her Videos in my Stationary.
The statement behind this question that I wanted to send that after years of experiences this career I discovered that good artist never ask this question, because in my opinion artist eyes work like the Camera,
it can capture any scenery from any prospective since that view has Form, Shape and Colour and then convert it to an artwork, from your eyes or your mind to your hand this is the mechanism of making art.
You can't ignore the role of the education and knowledge to brush up this experience and take it to another level, and to a different world, however I've met some artist whose self- taught,  they depend on their practise and they love to paint exactly what they are seeing.
In the Book Ways of seeing By John Burger, he talked about the art history but from changing prospective,  why art of still life can get higher appreciation than landscape, and from portraiture to publicity, why and how the importance of making art vary from period to another, people love to see them self in the painting and at the same time it should match their decor.
Artist job is to modernize their artwork to match the every day seeing, so paint what is in between your hands because we live what we are seeing.

Comments

Popular Posts