Note From China

Shy Girl By Ha Bik Chuen
Note from China
I just came from Hong Kong Museum of art, a wonderful place with great art. We all know how the Chinese art has it's own characteristic  that makes it different from other ancient art and unique at the same time, the Chinese brush talk by them selves about a firmly established history.
With a quick journey through the museum's halls; I landed in the Abstract Exhibition, it was a retrospective exhibition for a Chinese artist called Ha Bik Chuen. If I said Joan Miro.., If I said Dekooning .. you know what I'm talking about, but what makes the show interesting that when you walk through the halls you see a Replica for the district that he lived in and a parts of his studio and his brushes, and between his seriousness and his sense of humour you will see real abstract work that has his unique touch, works from drawing to painting to sculpture from founded object and card board even though the work are so neat and deliberately finished.
Here I will share you with some of the artist text that had been written on the walls to embody the artist notions and by the way he was self taught!
> Dare to experiment, be bold to create, be sensitive to an observation and always work hard to improve one self.

> Any work by any artist is an expression of the self, that applied to me as well, an artist is buffeted in all directions by forces from nature, life  among the crowd and everyday living.

> I have this creative fury in me, with creative notions constantly appearing in my head, my only fear is that I don't have enough time to turn  ideas into work.

Comments

Popular Posts