Bye-Bye China

That's me (Eiman) at Dafen art Village
When I landed in this country for first time in my entire life I couldn't believe my self that I'm in Hong Kong, one of the cities I'm dreaming to visit - Sydney one of them but I still doesn't know when I'm going to hit that area- It was just like I'm watching a program in the discovery channel with all the details about this place; it was just like I'm experiencing a new life with all the content of this life from different culture to different language from different feature to different climate from city to another, in fast rhythm from flight to flight to a ferry and then to a train with no time to think just act.

To me seeing art that makes any things so sweet; DAFEN Art Village in Shenzhen, it's one of the art villages in China, market by it self;  artist beside artist; Gallery beside Gallery; artists live with their families and kids;  browse between shops to see all kind of art, all style, all sizes, you can watch some of them paint in front of you, they are friendly but at the same time cautious.

Let me say something about the place but from economic aspect. The village is big and big enough to form the artist society in one demographic area and to establish local and international strength that could dominate the art market and to propel the main stream of the art society.. And in term of supply and demand; if this is the supply who extended the demand to contain all that big number of artists? who control the prices, the quality and the quantity? how is  the hierarchy in this village looks like from the top to the bottom? who involved in organizing this village?. 
Yes, that's big, and I couldn't compare this place with Montmartre in France or with the art market in Rome.

Comments

Popular Posts