One Hour at the High Museum

Here I am at the High Museum, Atlanta, GA
Traveling makes the world seem like a friend to you. In spite of feeling like a stranger in the unfamiliar places, you feel that everybody is your friend. In order to travel about and learn of your surroundings, you have to be warm to those you meet. In turn, we must be a friend to anyone traveling in places which are familiar to offer assistance to those who may feel like a stranger. The world is interesting that way.

I recently took a fleeting trip to Atlanta, Georgia to attend a family function. The thing with short trips is they make you think fast and be active and anxious. Time travel can be surreal because in a short time you can be in a place you have never been with so much to see, taste and explore. I found that traveling to the U.S. is a bit different than going to any other country. There is no culture shock because of the similarities to our Canadian culture similar. You think to yourself that you know how to get by, but there is just so much to learn and do. I think we take it for granted because it is so close to our home.

While I had fun, my time was limited. I did manage to sneak out for one hour to visit the beautiful High Museum in Atlanta. What a treat! It had a type of light luxury that made you feel comfortable walking through the halls. I was fortunate to be able to see a special exhibition while I was there showcasing art from "Picasso to Warhol".  Each painting speaks by itself about a historical era from the last century to the abstract leader artists, to the African art and finally Kiki Smith and her Blue Lake. I was dazzled to stand before such great works of art and see classic pieces I had only read and heard about.

Museums make the world feel so small. Whatever you see is about the same history that we have all studied for years and years. It was a special addition to my trip to Atlanta. I encourage you to visit art museums in your travels. Experience the works there, the pieces that make up our time. Even if it is only for one hour...

Art for life.

Comments

Popular Posts