I can cook like a chef


 
Bread and eggs, Oil painting on canvas, By Eiman Muiny


If cooking is an art, I think that making art is cooking.

I always admire chefs and how they have the passion to cook everyday and spend their entire time in the kitchen smelling and touching food to invent dishes with different flavor and different finishing, while I believe that their business is one of the toughest businesses especially when they run a restaurant. You can imagine the stressful days they have to go through and the tones of food they have to through away.

I’m very sensitive to food, I don’t mean allergy, I mean the appetite to eat everyday or cook everyday, to me there is a big relationship between art and food, when I have a stressful day full of artwork and I have to meet a certain deadline; immediately I lose my appetite.  I can’t see food and I can’t even smell food and this feeling goes up to the top when I start working on a new project and it becomes less when I know exactly what I’m doing and how my piece is going to look when it is finished. That’s why I appreciate the culinary business and the great people in it.

Making art is a cooking. When you invent your own recipe for mixing and applying colour. And you have your own style and concept that distinguishes you between the other artists and you can serve with your art a certain buyer or a client who accepted your art and liked it.
That's the whole idea about making art; it’s just like cooking.

Comments

Popular Posts