To fit to the artworld


Acrylic on Canvas By Eiman Muiny

Me as an artist, I see art in everything and I can make art out of anything, and regardless of any considerations my only concern is that it should fit to the art world.
I know that I'm not the one who made up the international criteria, Stock market maybe! Or ceiling limits for some kind of deal out of our reach. maybe!.. I'm not trying to create an ambiguous situation or to bring about some kind of irritation to the art world, I'm just trying to show that I'm cool enough to fit to the international criteria!

When I  started to paint a long time ago I always wanted to paint exactly the same way others do,  in another word I copied others work "high school stuff".  But by the time I started practicing art as a career and I started to hang my artwork. Oh wait, I said hanging not selling because hanging is different than selling. who is in the art world knows what I'm talking about. I consider hanging is a contribution to the art world.
Since that time I work on my artwork from different perspective. I create artwork that combine different categories for example art and culture or art and design or art and craft. I think the distinctions between art, craft, design and culture no longer exist, even when it comes to art and fashion. Because it's about concept and material selection and technique, I can add texture and pattern as well.

I never painted to compete. In every single painting I have painted, I always wanted to say something or to emphasize something. I enjoy the process, the steps and the movement of my hands. My brushes determine the shape of my stroke. The concept it self dominate the chosen category if its art and culture, or art and fashion, or art and design, or art and craft, or art for the sake of art; like brush strokes and color. I'm very realistic in picking out my concept, dreams and outer space or fiction stories are not in my consideration. What is more important to me that it should fit to the wall and pleases the viewers, by touching their culture or showing some kind of fashion trend, or following design elements or working like craftsman by coordinating different objects. It's fun fun fun.

After all that, I don't like to think of the international criteria, It's just something exhausted me and getting me no where. I should say that this is me and this is my artwork and I'm thanking people who helped me hang my paintings on their wall, regardless if it fits to the art world or..!






Comments

Popular Posts