Queen's Dance




 Queen's Dance, that's the name of this painting. However, you may wonder, why I chose this name? Well, I will tell you, it might be my reaction to all the frustration and the circumstances with little of the isolations and fears; we are all experiencing it now a days.
So today, I'm going to show you my last painting which I actually finished a month ago, and as I always do, even after posting the painting to the public in my social media, I keep working on it for a while until I achieve that type of finishing satisfaction.

Since art is one of the ways to transit the unseen image to a visual image which make art a marvelous tool to depict anything even if it's the impossible.
Queen's Dance is the impossible!! Ha.. Because it's A dream, especially for us when we have to live through the lockdown and when the lockdown might be the best case scenario that could take our lives to the next level.

Again Queen's Dance is the sweet dream, every one of us should live. It's like when you own your own courtyard and do whatever it takes you to build it.. Travel, fight, plant, plan, reap, love, hate, win, lose, encounter, escape, leave, stay, work.. Oh, work, non stop work, work for it, work hard or work smart or whatever!

Again Queen's Dance is to live your moment with extreme happiness by juxtaposed assortments of objects of your choice, don't worry about your ownership.. It's A DREAM, you can add.. delete, you can edit then modify then post, you can sort things by making them big or small, you can move stuff, change stuff, whatever you want. It's A DREAM.

This painting challenged me from the time I started to map it out. The girl was inspired by someone I saw dancing at a party once. Then I thought of the yellow dress as a symbol of joy and at the same time a symbol of envy, anger. The dress is a sum of three dresses I put them together to design the one she is wearing, it might be too much but she is the dancing queen in A DREAM.
Behind her I added a corridor inspired by the Ancient Greek with an ending Iznik wall from Turkey. A luxury vase from the Palace of Versailles, made of Malachite and gold something from the renaissance and the Baroque to the Neoclassical to the Chinese empire depicted in the two dragons on the two sides of it. The lion head with a ring in it's mouth was a symbol of the Great Britain for Centuries.

Let's talk about the legend, shy stunning red Amaryllis flower painted with Vermilion colour, hmm…once spotted it feels like a love story from the old ancient time preserved in a China pot coloured with Lapis Lazuli, that means we are still moving in the same luxury royal classical scene for a queen to dance in her empire on a chess ground in her courtyard which means that the lady horse is mandatory to be owned. In some gaming chess culture, the queen can gallop like a horse and the horse has the right to jump over the blockades and has the right to attack - it's the grandeur of being a queen and the power through authority- period.

I should admit that I'm not a big fan of watching movies but I think everybody has some sort of mindset to use their imagination to invent fiction's fact and make it real. To me I love to read history, the old ancient art history from different civilization and investigate all about old masters and the history of making them.

Finally, My steady statement behind this painting should not exceed my humble thought, that Queen's dance is a manifesto in the age of Covid-19!


Comments

Popular Posts