Conversation with walls

Conversation with walls
A picture of an empty wall



The art world should fear artists who work on the walls. What made me start writing my blog with this statement is that I wanted to find a way to reduce the tensions caused by dealing with walls. I have been an artist for a good period of time and to me walls as a main characteristic that play the important role in the artist life and career, regardless to whom afforded them and why they afforded them. 

Talking about walls have so many pivots, that could be the reason why artists continue to work and grow as an artist or .. the opposite.


For the artist, when the wall is an empty field, he has to hunt for the best fatty prey and shoot his arrows to show off who he is. He ( or she) would spend hundreds of hours, yes hundreds of hours facing and standing in front of the walls, getting hit with all sorts of anxiety disorders accompany with brave thoughts to reach his best out of his performance and discouraged with the dominant criteria that could set his art a side, unseen; to sadly facing his rejected work every single day not knowing how to fight for him self and not knowing how to proceed in his career leaving him behind weak and defeated. That's why I said fear them!.

To generalize the situation for all hand crafts and their makers without diminishing the importance of people who sets in their offices facing their computers days and nights, please fear them! I'm here to talk on behalf of my self and the artist who agree with me, it's my complete personal opinion.

In every painting the artists goes through different superimposed feeling and barriers that might stop him from painting for a while not knowing what to do and how to continue because it's hard some time to deal with some parts of his painting, and the fear of failing would make him cautious and alert of thinking and moving in all direction to find the way to finish the painting, not easy, so please fear them. 

For artist, making a group of paintings believe me it's not easy at all, to keep in the consistency and add their own touches and get their trade mark in the way they paint. It is hard and the more they do it the more it narrows their audience and their niche market, which could have a positive impact in their career. You hear artist saying I know what to paint and I know who will like my painting and I know who is going to buy it. 

The negative impact happened, when he is not the only one in the market and he is not the only one who serves this specific niche and as if we are talking about art as a commodity. Some goods can find their own way to the buyers and some goes with the wind and it's not about good or bad, it's about how they can reach out to buyers who buy their goods. 

The conversation didn't start yet and even if it did start there would be fifteen hundred blocks that could limit the conversation to go as the following;

Me: Hi walls
Walls: NO
Me: I'm Eiman, Artist 
Walls: Hmm, NO
Me: I Make good art.
Walls: ..............
Me: Hey, I'm still here, can you hear me. 
Walls: .................
Me: ?!
Walls: .

Comments

Popular Posts