ART IS TO EXPIERMENT


ENCAUSTIC ON CANVAS BY EIMAN MUINY



I would like to draw your attention to two of my featured paintings from the Red, Black and Gold Series. I have been showing you my paintings in groups of two because I want you to understand how they can be similar in appearance, yet have different elements. 

Painting is the way I transform my experiences and ideas.
Painting is the freedom to express myself without barriers, without limitations. Many artists will take a simple concept and add layer after layer to create detail. For me, since I was inspired by the complexity and detail of “stone” for this series and it was my intention to build layers upon layers achieving a look of SIMPLICITY. Pure and simple like the stone that inspired.
I enjoy experimenting with mediums. Using layers of wax and pigments while dripping, scorching, and eroding the surface. With no meaning, no subject and no content. Just action. 

My intention is to invent form and direction involving thinking and feeling. For this collection of artwork, I was not interested in the narrative; I was interested in the tools. The paint, itself, and the act of expression.
Red is one of the strongest colours and represents love, life, and passion. Gold equals luxury and power. Black is a foundation. It is amazing to see what these three colours can achieve when united together. To me it is a journey of exploration and the results are images that lie somewhere between the realm of real and imagination.

Comments

Popular Posts