SPEED AND TIME



ENCAUSTIC ON WOOD BY EIMAN MUINY


When I first decided to paint this series, I wanted to be unique in showcasing my artistic talent and vision. I wanted to be “different”.
I chose a series of expressionistic drawings called, “Speed &Time”. I began to make dozens of sketches- moving my hand in circles with bold charcoal strokes. That journey led to a collection boasting fifteen drawings all using this artistic trend of heavy brush strokes paired with fine line detail.
I would to share my concepts for two featured paintings from this series, as shown above. I worked with abstract form and then juxtaposed different materials to create a unique visual texture.  Elements of drawing, collage, newspapers, fabric and photograph transfers translated these ideas into my art.
Horses are a symbol of power, freedom and strength. The horse’s muscular gait evokes courage and diversity along with the softness of the colours that I feel reflects a modern parallel between life and the times we live in. Incorporating text into my painting helps derive energy and allows the viewer stop to think of different aspects of their world. Words inspire.
The text in these two paintings is:
“Don’t always tell the whole story.”
“I tried my best to reduce damage.”
For me, painting is about exploration and sharing. Please feel free to share your feedback and ideas with me about how you interpret these art pieces.

Comments

Popular Posts