LANDSCAPE PAINTING

ENCAUSTO ON CANVAS BY EIMAN MUINY


 Over the years, I have gained my experience as a painter from practicing my knowledge and perfecting what I’ve learned. Long-term experiences have shaped my artwork and given me the ability to envision the right painting for the right of place. Not all art forms are welcome in every space and it is important to recognize what works for the audience that will be viewing the painting.

This is a traditional landscape piece that I was asked to produce. Oftentimes it is harder to paint one single painting than it is a complete series of work. You have one opportunity to capture the essence of what you have in your mind. Once chance to deliver that idea on the canvas.
For this particular client, I wanted to produce an artwork that could talk to the audience within the space where it would be hung. I chose the Encausto (Fresco) as a medium to match the Classic style of this property. I accumulated  photos from my personal collection that inspired me and I paired them with places I invented in my imagination. Places that were my own that I felt would offer emotion. It was my intention for the person sitting in that room to look at the landscape painted behind them and feel themselves travel within their own thinking and imagination. This piece was painted to fulfill the place where it lives.
When I take on a project like this, my first objective is to enjoy my work and the process it takes to create it. Secondly, I must “live in the place” to understand what it will be live as a person viewing my painting. Lastly, I use the freedom to paint within my own dream place.

Comments

Popular Posts