WORDS BEHIND THE PAINTING




ENCAUSTIC ON WOOD

 I have chosen to share two pieces with you from my Speed & Time Series. Let me explain what I am thinking when I put paint to canvas.
For any artist, there is a methodology behind every single painting. For me, images and esthetics in a piece of art are designed to convey certain concepts that reinforce identity and strength. Colours are chosen specifically to enhance the shapes and the spaces in a small area. In the above paintings, I have incorporated lines from sheet music notes to form the rhythm of the speed; fragmentation of old letters, photos and newspaper clippings to evoke images from the memory. I love to add text to my work. It tells a greater story and every person can interpret it differently.
In doing this technique, I formed the concept behind these two paintings and built them together by adding different materials between layers of paint and wax. I hope you enjoy looking at them and for your information, here is some of the text that has been embedded into the paintings. Feel free to offer feedback as to what you think of when you look at these pieces.
“A red ink blue print”
“Haven’t we seen this movie before”
“Let the Games begin with this menu”
“We were just trying to do the right thing”

Comments

Popular Posts